Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nettle Quiche

I am in love with Nettles lately. Maybe because they make themselves very hard not to notice when they are intertwined through our berry bushes all around our property!

Stinging nettle near my house
In the spirit of using what is available, I decided to utilize the nettles with my abundance of eggs and make nettle quiche for a family breakfast.

I carefully - ie. wearing gloves - collected the tips of some young nettles.  I had mowed down a section of nettles on a trail earlier in the year.  It is a bit late for young nettle tips where I am at, but where I had knocked them down there were fresh shoots coming back up that I was able to collect.

Still carefully, I put the nettles into a small sauce pan and steamed them for 10 minutes -






I followed a spinach quiche recipe I found online.







And enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment